Sunday 14 August 2011

Karber Digital Images Spotlight 2

Hi all & big appologies I haven't been able to post till now - I have once again ended up without my laptop this week & can't load up photos to my photo bucket for editing on my old slow computer. Anyhow here's my second feature for Karber Digital Images blog, where you can also find there challenges. If you would like to purchase Karber Images click here.

For this feautre I choose to work with another Denny character who I've just fallen in love with! She is called 'Cocktail Denny' & I'm sure you'll agree she is totally stunning!

Photobucket

...I used Kaisercraft paper pad which comes in 6.5" size, so I wanted to make the most of the design by using a larger than 6" card blank. As I usually make my own 6x6" square card blanks from 12x12" card-stock, I had to find a way of using 2 pieces of cardstock together measured at 6.5" which I did by connecting them tent fold with these cute little hindges from my We are Memory Keepers metal hardware tin. I love the result & will defo use the technique again. That extra little half inch may not sound like much, but the extra scope & space it gave me really made a difference!...

Photobucket

COPICS:
Skin: R000, E53
Cheeks: RV10
Eye Shaddow: B000
Lips: RV34
Hair: E47
Dress & Gloves: RV000, R81, RV34
Glass: G000
Drink: G000, G21
Shaded Outline: W-1

Photobucket

...Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The pink & white flowers & I have removed the bottom layer from to give them a more orcid/ oriental feel, which I think really suits the design. The bronze white bloom flower centers are actually old vintage buttons ..

Photobucket

...The chandelier oval is a die cut from the paper pad, which I've layered onto a Spellbinders Shapabilities Fancy Tags 3 die, then another Bronze frame from the pad & finished with a Tim Holtz bronze pin & sworofski crystals. The flower soft which I've used on the piece as well as the rest of the card is Sweet Pea & gives a really nice soft, shabby effefct which I just LOVE at the mo - Flower Soft rocks! The swirl is a Magnolia Doo-Hickey die & the border punch is Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch.  Notice the adorable little guitar charm hanging from silver chain...

Photobucket

Above is one of the We are Memory Keepers pewter hinges, fasterned with pewter brad. Notice the paper edges which have been distressed with a craft knife & adorned with Sweet Pea Flower Soft.

2 comments:

  1. elegant image and a fabulous card deb.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fantastic deb.love the sassy image and gorgeous colours and your details are really beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, they are truly appreciated!
Deb.x

MY MAGNOLIA SLIDESHOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...